A collection of links we've found useful and informative. A good mixture of current affairs regarding tech, design, and relevant articles.
- Jerod Santo's thoughts about storing timestamps instead of booleans.
- Beef taking place at Basecamp. People are leaving because of controversial policy changes. Here's the point of ignition, a memo from one of the co-founders.
- Did you know you can spy on a conversation by observing the minuscule vibrations on a lightbulb? We didn't either.
Design of the week
- Calibri has been the default font for all things Microsoft since 2007, when it replaced Times New Roman. It's time to evolve. The Microsoft team has developed five new fonts - one of them will be the new default font. You can even vote for your favorite.
Tech of the week
- Playspace - a collaborative workspace including stuff like notepad, whiteboard, screenshare and more. Looks like a great workspace for creative teams.
- We've looked at Butter, a cool workspace where all the best collaboration tools are built in, so that you don't have to juggle countless apps and tabs.
- If you need an embeddable notification Inbox - look no further. It's here.
- Through lots of live code, Ryan and Michael will tell you all about where Remix started, where it's at now, and what this v1 Beta launch means for one of the most exciting web frameworks today.
- The Museum of Annoying Experiences brings you on a journey of bad Internet experiences like a non-functioning chat-bot, 'prove that you're human', and bad customer service calls -just to name a few.