A collection of links we've found useful and informative. A good mixture of current affairs regarding tech, design, and relevant articles.
Design of the week
- Design inspiration from way back. So many cool logos it’s not even funny. A nice archive of old outdoor recreational PR material.
- Low-Fi yet high tech article that’ll make you want to make your own kite.
- Discord launches their new identity. The logo in itself isn’t hugely interesting, but the colours scheme gets some attention.
- Google IO took place this week, providing some direction of Material UI. It offers a much higher degree of customisation. Looks good!
- An insider leak of the new Apple Watch 7?
Tech of the week
- Coinbase out with a non-crypto related tidbit: moving to React Native. Provides a good rundown of plusses and minuses, and how they’ve made the switch.
- Another Google IO highlight. Project Starline looks promising. It’s a video conferencing booth of sorts, which projects people in 3D. Next level immersion.
- Apple, not able to let Google steal all the shine this week, came out with a press release describing a slew of accessibility features throughout their eco system. Pretty impressve stuff, to say the least, but somehow not warranting a video trip to Cupertino.